ERIN – A sawdust fire in an equipment shelter caused about $10,000 in damage, late in the afternoon July 5.
Erin firefighters, with back-up from Rockwood, responded to the call on Sideroad 15, near 1st Line.
Fire chief Jim Sawkins said the fire originated in a three-sided lean-to which housed a commercial saw and a propane fired appliance.
Sawdust in the area of the appliance ignited and burned the rear wall and parts of the ceiling prior to being extinguished.
There were no injuries, and the equipment remains operational.