GUELPH-ERAMOSA – The Guelph-Eramosa fire department has completed another year of the fire safety program for area Grade 4 students.
This is part of a yearly program that includes:
– a review of fire-safe practices and fire prevention tips;
– identification and responsibilities of installing and maintaining smoke and carbon monoxide alarms;
– the importance of home fire escape planning;
– how the 911 call system works; and
– the types of tools and protective equipment used by firefighters.
To encourage home fire safety, students are tasked with completing a home fire escape plan with their family. They then submit the completed home fire escape plans to their teacher.
The class with the most completed home fire escape plans wins a class pizza lunch.
On May 27, the department presented Ms. Shaw’s Grade 4/5 class at Eramosa Public School, on 5th Line north of Brucedale, with a pizza party in acknowledgement of their completing 24 of 24 home fire escape plans.
The department encourages all residents to develop and practice their home fire escape plans.