ELORA – It will be decidedly different from the previous 14 years, but officials are billing the 2020 Elora Farmers’ Market (EFM) as “fresh as ever.”
Market organizers announced on May 27 that the 15th annual market will be moving online in response to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.
“We are excited to bring the EFM to you online,” states the press release.
“We appreciate your patience and support as we shift to new ways that allow our farmers to sell their products in ways that keep us all safe.”
EFM officials say the new online shopping tool “will let you find all the healthy, fresh and local food you have come to expect from the market.”
They are offering the following steps to use the new online market:
- visit www.elorafarmersmarket.ca and follow the link to the online store;
- order foods from vendors (before Thursday at noon to ensure order is ready for Saturday morning pick-up);
- at check out, pay each vendor individually;
- on Saturday morning, come to Bissell Park to pick up orders (officials say their physical distancing pickup process has been approved by public health);
- while enjoying orders at home, share cooking and meals on social media with the hashtag #FreshAsEver.
Market officials vow to return to Bissell Park with a live market as soon as possible.
“When it is deemed safe by our hardworking public health unit, we will be live in the park once again,” stated the EFM announcement.
“We will continue to offer our market online for those who prefer this way to buy local even then.”