CENTRE WELLINGTON – Centre Wellington township is seeking input on what matters most to local residents in prioritizing services for the 2023 budget year.
“We want to develop a budget that meets our residents’ needs while balancing the current economic realities in Centre Wellington,” states Mayor Shawn Watters in a press release.
“I would like to thank staff for their amazing contribution to ensuring our new councillors are educated and prepared to make the important decisions in balancing the services our residents count on while building and maintaining roads, bridges, facilities and other important township programs and infrastructure needs.”
Your experience living in Centre Wellington matters – and the township wants to hear how its services and program delivery make a difference in your life, officials state.
The online engagement survey will make it easy for residents to share their feedback anytime, anywhere.
The budget survey will be open from Dec. 2 to 30 on Connect CW.
Feedback from the survey will be shared with council to inform budget decisions.
2023 budget timeline (pending approval)
– Dec. 2 to 30, online budget consultation;
– Jan. 5, 9am, committee of the whole online pre-budget meeting. Budget delegations will be heard following the meeting;
– Early to mid January the draft 2023 budget book will be available;
– Feb. 6, 9am, budget deliberations. Budget delegations will be heard following the meeting;
– Feb. 8, 9am, budget deliberations; and
– Feb. 27, 6pm, council meeting, 2023 budget approval.
Hard copies of the survey will be available by request. For more information, or to request a paper copy visit www.connectcw.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.