MINTO – The Town of Minto is reminding residents and visitors the municipality will be following provincial guidelines in regard to vaccination requirements for public settings.
That means proof of full vaccination will be required to enter indoor municipal recreation facilities.
As of Sept. 22, the province is requiring Ontarians to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access certain public settings and facilities.
The approach focuses on higher-risk indoor public settings where face coverings cannot always be worn.
“The Town of Minto will be following all guidelines set out by the Government of Ontario,” town officials stated in Sept. 21 press release.
The guidelines will apply to:
- Clifford Arena and Clifford Community Hall;
- Harriston-Minto Community Complex;
- Norgan Theatre;
- Palmerston and District Community Centre; and
- various other recreational facilities.
“The Town of Minto continues to keep public safety as top priority during the unique circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and remains committed to safeguarding the health, wellbeing, and safety of our employees as well as our residents,” the release states.
Town officials note exemptions from the requirements include:
- those who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions;
- those under 12; and
- those under 18 years of age, who are entering a recreation facility used for sports and recreational fitness activities solely for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport.
The release notes provincial guidance does not preclude businesses or organizations, including governing sports associations, from establishing their own additional policies or requirements.
The Ontario Minor Hockey Association, for example, will be mandating that all eligible participants involved in minor hockey are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for the upcoming season.
All eligible participants are required to be fully vaccinated by Oct. 31.
The Town of Minto will be creating a document that outlines facility use and expectations of renters and staff, the release states.