WELLINGTON COUNTY – Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) has declared several COVID-19 outbreaks at health care facilities across the region as of Jan. 12.
Outbreaks have been declared at the following locations within Wellington County:
- Birmingham Retirement Community in Mount Forest (Jan. 12);
- Caressant Care Fergus, retirement home (Jan. 11);
- Highland Manor, retirement home, Fergus (Jan. 10);
- Caressant Care Harriston, long-term care home (Jan. 6);
- Eden House, long-term care home, Guelph/Eramosa (Jan. 1);
- Royal Terrace Long-Term and Residential Care in Palmerston (Dec. 28); and
- Wellington Terrace Long-Term Care Home in Aboyne (Dec. 27).
Recent outbreaks declared over include:
- Caressant Care Arthur (Jan. 12).
For an outbreak to be declared over, 14 days must pass since the last symptomatic or positive individual is reported.
The following map depicts current outbreaks as of Jan. 13.