MAPLETON – Councillor Michael Martin has been named the designated fill-in for Mayor Gregg Davidson should the need arise.
Martin was appointed mayor pro tem in a bylaw passed at the Jan. 31 meeting.
Mapleton council doesn’t include an elected deputy mayor position.
Past councils have generally rotated duties such as a chairing a meeting when the mayor is unable to among council members.
Mapleton Clerk Larry Wheeler explained in an email that council changed the practice after the 2018 municipal election and “it was solidified in our new procedural bylaw a couple of years ago.”
Other committee appointments in the bylaw include:
– economic development committee: Stacey Bowles, Stephanie Drost, Annemarie Hagan, Ben Huehn, Erica-Lynn Klaassen, councillor Amanda Reid;
– parks and recreation: Cindy Martin, Jeremy Morton, Lorrie Spaling, councillor Michael Martin;
– environmental stewardship councillor Martin Tamlyn;
– committee of adjustment (includes property standards appeal committee and fence viewers): Dennis Cuomo, Jeff Duimering, Peg Schieck, Robert Stanners, Lori Woodham, Larry Wheeler (secretary – treasurer);
– Grand River Conservation Authority: Lisa Hern (Mapleton, Wellington North);
– Maitland Valley Conservation Authority and Maitland Source Protection Authority: Ed Podniewicz (Mapleton, Minto, Wellington North);
– Source Protection Authority (Lake Erie Source Protection Region): John Sepulis (representing 17 municipalities;
– Ausable Bayfield Maitland Valley Source Protection East Group: Allan Rothwell (six municipalities;
– Wellington Farm and Home Safety Association: councillor Amanda Reid; and
– Safe Communities (local and county): councillor Marlene Ottens.