FERGUS – Centre Wellington has opened the splash pad at Millburn Park in the south end of Fergus.
“As the province allows us to proceed with the next phase of our reopening plans, staff have worked diligently to ensure we can safely proceed, and the Millburn Splash pad is a perfect example of this,” said Mayor Kelly Linton in a June 22 press release.
“We know that families are excited to get out with their children, especially in the recent hot weather. We ask that you follow the rules and regulations in place so that we can keep these facilities open, and safe for everyone.”
The township press release notes the splash pad, which has been open since June 19, will operate daily from 9am to 8pm.
Users must adhere to the following rules:
- limit visits to 30 minutes if others are waiting;
- maximum of 10 participants allowed on the splash pad at one time;
- stay at least two metres (six feet) apart;
- do not share personal belongings, toys or food;
- parents/guardians are encouraged to push the start button and sanitize their hands after;
- clean your belongings before and after using the splash pad;
- wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly; and
- do not visit the splash pad if you have a cough, cold or fever symptoms.
The O’ Brien Park splash pad in Elora is currently being re-developed and will feature a new splashpad, playground and a washroom/utility building, township officials say.
For more information and to view concept drawings of O’Brien Park, visit www.connectcw.ca.