PALMERSTON – Norwell District Secondary School officials are celebrating a successful year on the courts, ice, and playing fields.
The Varsity Reds claimed six team championships over the course of the year. Several outstanding individual performances contributed to these team successes, officials note.
Championship teams included:
– Varsity Boys Golf – District 4 champions;
– Jr. Boys Soccer – District 4 champions;
– Jr. Girls Volleyball – District 4 champions;
– Sr. Girls Volleyball – District 4 champions;
– Varsity Girls Hockey – District 4 Champions; and
– Varsity Boys Hockey – CWOSSA A/AA champions.
Athletes of the year for outstanding performance in multiple sports were:
– Jr. Girls Athlete of the Year – Ella Black;
– Sr. Girls Athlete of the Year – Maddie Klaassen;
– Jr. Boys Athlete of the Year – Elliott McCarey; and
Sr. Boys Athlete of the Year – Will Dennison.
Spirit awards for athletes who have contributed to multiple teams and other aspects of Norwell Athletics were earned by: Reese Miller, Karlyn Kuepfer, Jadenne Hesselink, Steve Skerritt, Blake Skerritt, Ryan van Donkersgoed, Adam Chittick, Kari Kabbes, Jaclyn Ellison and Xavier Guevarra.