MINTO – The Town of Minto will be reopening parks, sports fields and other amenities on Monday.
The municipality made the announcement on May 22, noting the town “continues to keep public safety as top priority during the unique circumstances surrounding COVID-19.”
Following a recent announcement from the province that loosened certain restrictions surrounding public spaces, the Town of Minto announced it would open the following amenities on May 25:
- ball diamonds and soccer fields;
- green spaces, park benches and pedestrian bridges;
- outdoor sports pads and tennis, basketball and shuffleboard courts; and
- lawn bowling greens, pickleball venues and currently-open walking trails.
Town officials stress that those using the above amenities must adhere to the following rules:
- gatherings of no more than five people;
- stay home if you feel unwell;
- practice physical distancing; and
- use online registration for shuffleboard court and pickleball venue.
The following Minto facilities remain closed: municipal office, all arenas, curling clubs (except for pickleball), community halls, museums, theatres, playgrounds, Launch It Minto and any other town-run facilities.
For more details and up-to-date information visit the Minto website.