Woman airlifted to hospital after clothing catches fire

FERGUS – A woman was airlifted to a trauma centre on Saturday night after an apparent mishap involving a recreational fire.

Emergency crews responded to a report of an injured woman at a Fergus home on May 23 at about 7:30pm.

“It was reported that a 53-year-old female was with a small group of people that were gathered around a backyard fire pit,” stated a press release form the Wellington County OPP.

“It was also reported that the woman’s clothing caught fire. Witnesses extinguished the fire and provided first aid.”

The woman was taken to hospital and later transported by air ambulance to a trauma centre.

Police continue to investigate in the incident.