MINTO – The Town of Minto has a wide range of activities planned for Culture Days, Sept. 27 to 29.
Culture Days is a national annual event encouraging citizens to explore and participate in arts and culture through free, hands-on, interactive activities that take them behind the scenes to discover the world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators and designers in their community.
In Minto activities begin on Sept. 27, with programs at local libraries. Scientists in School programs will be held at the Clifford and Harriston library branches Friday morning, while a puzzle program is planned for Palmerston in the afternoon.
At 7pm a light painting photography class will be held on the Palmerston White’s Junction Trail.
Saturday’s events include a fall harvest market at the Palmerston Railway Heritage Museum; All Aboard Palmerston’s Tiny Trains and Treats festival and parade at the Lions Heritage Park and downtown Palmerston and the opening of the newly-restored baggage shed at the railway museum from 10am to 2pm.
Also on Sept. 28:
– a print-making and floral arrangement workshop will be held at Wesley Bates print shop in Clifford;
– events will be held at all three local libraries;
– a calligraphy class is planned at The Old Post in downtown Harriston;
– Creative Time workshops on painting and string art will be offered at the Harriston Train Station; and
– an apple orchard tour followed by a baking demo and a bonfire at the home of David and Jean Anderson at 6362 3rd Line.
A tie-dye T-shirt party at the Palmerston Lions Heritage Park pavilion and local history displays and storytelling at the Palmerston Lions Clubhouse are also on the schedule for Sept. 28.