Families are needed in Fergus and Elora to host teens from Spain this summer.
Students come for a four-week stay in July. They stay with local families, participate in the family’s regular schedule and enjoy supervised afternoon activities in the community. Here are the details:
– Students are teenagers between 14 and 18 years;
– Students are hoping for a positive English immersion experience with a Canadian family;
– Most students speak some English and some are quite fluent;
– This is a “homestay” program in which the teens spend the whole month with their hosts (they do not attend English classes);
– However, group afternoon activities are planned under the leadership of an adult chaperone, so students will be away from the family each weekday for several hours
– A whole-day trip is planned one day each week (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Canada’s Wonderland);
– Families are asked to provide a bedroom, meals, a welcoming Canadian environment, and to show their guests some local places of interest; and
– Families receive $180 per week as an honorarium;
The program is operated by Canada Linc English, a local company with its head office in Waterloo. Visit its web site at www.canadalinc.com for details.
Activities in Centre Wellington are managed by Guelph coordinator Margaret Burnett.
The company is looking for 20 families, so any interest is appreciated.
Burnett can be reached at 519-821-1247, 519-766-8973 or by email at Margaret@canadalinc.com.