WELLINGTON NORTH – Splash pads in Mount Forest and Arthur are now open.
Wellington North officials announced the reopenings on June 19.
“As a result of the efforts of the entire recreation services team, beginning today at 2pm, splash pads in Arthur and Mount Forest will be open to the public daily, from 10am to 8pm with a break in the day to allow for additional disinfection,” states the township press release.
Township officials say they have “developed signage and disinfection procedures” for the splash pads, which “will not be staffed by the township.”
The Mount Forest Lions Splash Pad, located at 326 Wellington Street East, will be disinfected daily prior to opening and closed daily from 2:30 to 3:30pm for a second disinfection.
The Arthur Optimist Splash Pad, at 158 Domville Street, will be disinfected prior to opening and closed from 4 to 5pm for a second disinfection.
“We strongly encourage the public to follow all rules posted at the splash pad, as failure to comply with posted rules may result in personal fines, increased risk of infection, as well as the possible closure of this recreation amenity,” states the township press release.
Officials say splash pad users must adhere to the following rules:
- practice physical distancing;
- stay at home and away from others if feeling ill;
- be courteous of others and keep visits to a maximum of 30 minutes;
- maximum of 10 users at a time, including observers are permitted at a time on the splash pad and seating area;
- wear appropriate protective equipment where physical distancing is a challenge;
- wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer and practice good hygiene; and
- get tested if showing symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information township residents can visit www.wellington-north.com or call 519-848-3620 or 1-866-848-3620.