ERIN – The Town of Erin has cancelled town-run camps this summer.
Officials made the announcement on June 4 “due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19 and following … provincial and public health directives.”
Staff will contact registrants to issue refunds or credits by July 6.
The town announced on May 29 that municipal facilities remain closed indefinitely.
Four days prior Erin reopened parks and sports fields, but playgrounds and public washrooms remain closed.
Town officials have offered the following guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- adhere to physical distancing from anyone outside of your household;
- use outdoor recreation amenities in groups less than five;
- wash your hands or sanitize often;
- wear a face covering if physical distancing is a challenge; and
- stay home if you are ill or experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
For the latest Erin news, visit the town’s website.