MILTON – Local Centre Wellington artists are preparing The Power of 10 show at the Ontario Arts Centre in Milton.
The Stone Gable Artists (formerly the Monday Night Painters) are from Wellington. The group of 10 has been in existence for 10 years creating works of art together every Monday night in Centre Wellington.
The Power of 10 will showcase their art from Aug. 27 to Sept. 14 at the Holcim Gallery located in First Ontario Arts Centre in Milton.
The artists’ reception will take place Sept. 8, from 2 to 4pm.
The artists who are part of The Stone Gable Artists include:
– Gail Brown who uses soft pastels to capture changing light, colour and rhythm in landscapes, cloudscapes and florals;
– Wendy Donohue paints big powerful skies over land or water;
– Judy French has honed her skills by painting in the outdoors in all seasons;
– Wendy Gottmers is inspired by gardens, stone buildings to floral arrangements;
– Robbie Keith paints tranquil soft-focus landscapes always with rocks or water;
– Heather McDonald experiments with monoprints, water colours and inks mixing the media to produce fascinating abstracts;
– Dennis Novosad creates with water colours and oils;
– Carolyn Sharp mixes oils with cold wax and scrapes the layers of paint on wood panels until she finds a striking abstract arrangement of textures and colours;
– Sheryl Teasell loves to paint the light playing on forests, lakes and country fields using acrylics or oils; and
– Heather Wadsworth is developing a special interest in botanicals and country scenes.