LaunchIt Minto and the Workforce Planning Board are hosting an event just for employers on April 25.
Called “Show Me The Workers,” the Business Support Expo/Resource Fair will showcase over 20 different agencies, organizations and educational facilities ready to offer support and new ideas on attracting workers. The goals are:
– how to attract workers with outside the box thinking;
– connecting with secondary/post secondary graduates;
– tips for advertising job postings;
– using a website to attract employees;
– support, funding and grant opportunities;
– the millennial workforce demographic;
– using an immigrant workforce;
– competing for workers; and
– results of the EmployerOne Survey.
The event will start at 5:30 to 6:30pm with a resource fair offering attendees the opportunity to chat with representatives of agencies and organizations that may be able to offer assistance.
From 6:30 to 7:45pm, a panel discussion will be held with representatives of the Workforce Planning Board, 2nd Chance Employment Counselling, the County of Wellington, Career Education Council and the Employment Coordination Committee.
A question and answer session will be held from 7:45 to 8:30pm.
This event will be held at the Harriston Arena, Community Centre at a cost of $15.
Register by calling 519-510-7400, email firstname.lastname@example.org or through Eventbrite.