CENTRE WELLINGTON – As the province enters Stage 3 of reopening, Centre Wellington is getting ready to play again.
The aquatic centre at the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex is slated to open on July 26, fitness classes at the Elora Community Centre began July 19, and outdoor sports can resume play with return-to-action guidelines.
“We are so close to being back to normal. Please continue to follow public health guidelines for a little bit longer,” stated Mayor Kelly Linton in a July 22 press release.
He asked residents to encourage their family and friends to get vaccinated “so we can get back to normal as soon as possible.”
Recreation programs are gearing up with some restrictions:
- the customer service counter at the sportsplex is open for phone and in-person assistance but patrons pre-register for a program or service prior to entering the building, as the public health vaccination clinic is ongoing;
- the aquatic centre at the sportsplex will open July 26 and pre-registration for all activities is required. Swimming lessons begin on Aug. 23 with registration open on July 28. Visit www.centrewellington.ca/aquatics for more information;
- Mossa fitness classes began at the Elora Community Centre on July 19. These classes are available by pre-registering at www.centrewellington.ca/indoorrecreation;
- outdoor traditional sports play can resume, including games and league play. Groups must follow guidelines established by their sport’s governing body and the township;
- outdoor gathering limits have increased to 100 people and outdoor fitness classes require a minimum of 2m physical distancing;
- day camps have begun and weeks have been added due to high demand. Visit www.centrewellington.ca/daycamps to reserve a spot;
- both the Elora Community Centre and Pad A at the Fergus sportsplex will be available for private rentals beginning on July 26, with protocols in place; and
- staff are working on re-opening the Fergus Grand Theatre and the Victoria Park Senior Centre in mid- to late-September.
Staff are available to assist and serve residents by phone from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. General email inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dog tags and burn permits are available online.
For more information visit www.centrewellington.ca.