WELLINGTON COUNTY – There are currently COVID-19 outbreaks at eight hospitals and long-term care facilities in the region.
Wellington Terrace in Aboyne – with one staff member who has tested positive – is the only county facility on the list released on April 9 by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH).
The other facilities in the WDGPH catchment area with lab-confirmed cases of the virus are:
- Differin Oaks in Shelburne, three residents and four staff members;
- Guelph General Hosppital, six patients, 16 staff (deemed not part of the 4E outbreak at the hospital, which officials declared over on April 9);
- Headwaters Health Care Centre in Orangeville, two patients, 16 staff;
- Homewood Health Centre in Guelph, nine patients, three staff;
- Norfolk Manor Retirement Home in Guelph, 17 residents, two staff;
- Shelburne Residence Retirement and Nursing Home, three residents;
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre in Guelph, one resident, three staff.
WDGPH officials say the above information is valid as of 3:30pm on April 9.
For up-to-date COVID-19 health information visit the WDGPH website.
For the latest news click here or follow us on Twitter, @wellyadvertiser.