PALMERSTON – An Orangeville man faces 10 charges in connection with the theft of a gun safe containing several firearms.
Wellington County OPP officials say police responded to the call, at a home on Whites Road in Palmerston, on March 8.
“It was reported that gun safe containing a number of firearms was stolen,” states a March 10 press release from the OPP.
The stolen safe and guns were recovered, police added.
Nathan Mark Robert Lepage, 24, of Orangeville, was charged with:
- break and enter to commit an indictable offence;
- possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000;
- careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition;
- unauthorized possession of a weapon;
- knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm;
- possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammo;
- possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime;
- break and enter to steal a firearm;
- possession of a Schedule III substance; and
- possession of a Schedule I substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking.
He is to appear in Guelph court on May 5.
Anyone with information can contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip at www.csgw.tips. Tip providers may be eligible for a reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $2,000.