MOUNT FOREST – The Mount Forest COVID-19 Assessment Centre saw a total of 73 people during its first week of operations, and tested 70 of those for the virus.
Danny Williamson, communications specialist with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH), said the breakdown is as follows:
- April 21 (opening day), 12 people were assessed and 11 of those were tested.;
- April 22, 16 assessed and 16 tested;
- April 23, 20 assessed and 19 tested;
- April 24, 20 assessed and 20 tested; and
- April 25, five people assessed and four tested.
The assessment centre opened on April 21 at the Mount Forest and District Sportsplex, 850 Princess Street.
It is the only assessment centre in Wellington County.
Call 519-323-0255 ext. 5082 to make an appointment. The clinic is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
As of April 28, there are 270 total COVID-19 cases across the WDGPH region, with 89 resolved cases and 19 deaths.
Broken down geographically the numbers are:
- Wellington County, 44 cases, 17 resolved cases, two deaths;
- Dufferin County, 111 cases, 35 resolved cases, 12 deaths; and
- Guelph, 106 cases, 37 resolved cases, five deaths.