ARTHUR – The Arthur Fall Fair celebrates the community and agriculture this year from Sept. 5 to 8 with the theme “Mason Jars and Vintage Cars.”
Dating back to 1856, the roots of the Arthur Agricultural Society run deep.
Its biggest event is the Arthur Fall Fair, held each year on the weekend after Labour Day.
The fair and the society are now more than 150 years old.
The society is still run by a group of dedicated volunteers who are members of the community and surrounding area, as well as people that care deeply about the importance of community, heritage and agriculture.
In addition to the fall fair, the Arthur Agricultural Society also participates in various community activities. Some of these include: Groundhog Day Dinner, entertainment night and 4-H dinners.
This year’s parade begins at the St. John Church parking lot (Georgina Street).
All entries in the parade must be at the St. John Church parking lot before 6:30pm and registered to be judged.
The parade begins at 7pm sharp.
Beginning at the church parking lot, the parade turns right onto Georgina St., right onto Charles St., right onto George St., right onto Frederick St. and left up onto Tucker St. to the fairgrounds entrance (ball diamond parking lot).
– 5 to 7:30pm: Kick Off Beef Barbecue Dinner;
– 5:30pm: Ambassador Contestants Cake Decorating
– 6 to 8pm: “Arthur’s Motors & Machines” free event for children – it’s Arthur’s spin on “Touch-a-Truck”, bring the children and watch them as they sit in the seats of big machinery, trucks, emergency vehicles, race cars etc.; and
– 7 to 9pm: Early bird exhibit placing arena foyer
– 9 to 11:30am: Grounds and arena open for placing of exhibits;
– 1 to 5pm: Judging of exhibits in arena and hall – closed to the public;
– 7pm (sharp): Parade from St. John Parish Centre parking lot to the Tucker St. fairgrounds entrance;
– 7 to 10pm: Buildings open to the public;
– 8 to 10pm: NASCAR Bob – remote control car racing – youth palace; and
– 8pm: Opening of the fair, fair ambassador competition and cake auction.
– 8am: Grounds open for livestock exhibits;
– 8am to 11am: Arthur fire department pancake breakfast;
– 9am: Welsh and Sport Pony Show;
– 9am – Grounds and buildings open to public;
– 9:30am: West Luther 4-H Beef Achievement Show;
– 10am to 3pm: “Ag Café”;
– 10am to 6pm: NASCAR Bob – remote control car racing;
– 10am to 4pm: Wellington North Fire Services fire safety education display;
– 10:30am: West Luther 4-H Dairy Achievement Show;
– 11am to 6pm: Adventure Mania Inflatables for all ages;
– 11am to 4pm: Family mini photo shoot – Brea Smith Photography;
– 12:30 and 1:30pm: “Tunes for Tots” – with Helena Rooyakkers;
– 1pm: Open shows for the following: livestock, sheep, beef and dairy;
– 1 to 4pm: Wild Ontario display;
– 2pm: Beautiful Baby Show;
– 3pm: Children’s activity centre – sponsored by Arthur Home Hardware;
– 4pm: Back Seat Driver;
– 4:30 to 5:45pm: Equine mounted games show;
– 5pm – Chili cook-off;
– 6pm – Dachshund “Wiener” Dog Derby Race; and
– 6pm – Exhibit halls including arena, main hall and curling club closed.
– 9 to 11:30am: Arthur Lions Breakfast – at the booth;
– 10:30am: Western horse show;
– 10:30am: Buildings open to the public;
– 11am to 4pm: Adventure Mania Inflatables;
– 11am to 4pm – NASCAR Bob – remote control car racing;
– 11am to 4pm: Axe Throwing;
– 11am to 4pm: Classic Car Display;
– 11:30am: Kids Power Wheels Demo Derby;
– Noon to 2pm: West Luther Poultry Club Exhibit;
– Noon to 3pm: Val E Joy the Clown – balloon twisting and face painting;
– Noon: Kids pedal tractor pull;
– 12:30 to 2:30pm: Variety Show, sponsored by Wellington North Cultural Round Table;
– 1pm: Pet show and frog jumping contest;
– 2:45 to 3:45pm: Crowning of the 2019-20 ambassador, and quilt block raffle;
– 4pm – Hall and curling rink closed to public to permit exhibits to be removed; and
– 4:30pm – All exhibits to be picked up.
For a full list of events visit www.arthurfallfair.com or for more information contact fair president Lianne Kaminski at 519-261-0979 or firstname.lastname@example.org