MAPLETON – The Township of Mapleton will reopen its municipal office and resume in-person council meetings in September.
The moves were announced in an Aug. 19 press release in response to the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic and to an increase in vaccination rates, officials stated.
“The Township of Mapleton has ensured that public safety is their top priority throughout the entire COVID-19 pandemic,” noted the release.
The municipal office near Drayton will reopen to the public on Sept. 7, though township officials encourage residents to “call before visiting to ensure the correct staff are available … and to avoid waiting for extended periods of time.”
On Sept. 14 the township will resume in-person council meetings – “on a roadshow basis, to encourage social distancing” – as follows:
- Sept. 14 at 7pm, Moorefield Community Centre;
- Sept. 28 at 1pm, Moorefield Community Centre;
- Oct. 12 at 7pm, Alma Community Centre;
- Oct. 26 at 1pm, Alma Community Centre;
- Nov. 9 at 7pm, PMD Arena in Drayton; and
- Nov. 23 at 1pm, PMD Arena in Drayton.
For more information visit www.mapleton.ca or the township’s Facebook and Twitter pages.