WELLINGTON COUNTY – Fire departments across the county are taking part to recognize National Fire Prevention Week.
– On Oct. 20, Centre Wellington Fire Department is hosting an open house from 11am to 2pm at the Fergus fire hall;
– The fire department is partnering with Vito’s Pizza in Elora. Fire crews will be delivering some of Vito’s Pizza deliveries during Fire Prevention Week.
During the delivery firefighters will check homes for home safety inspection. If you have working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, you will get your pizza for free.
– On Oct. 4 Guelph-Eramosa Fire Department is hosting a Farm Safety and Industry Best Practices information session from 10am to 1pm; participants will complete fire extinguisher training; at speaker Malcolm Brown from Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) will talk about ‘A Farmers’ Guide to Basic Electrical Troubleshooting; register through the township website.
-Muscular Dystrophy (MD) Canada fundraising Firefighter pancake breakfast at the Rockwood Station, on Oct. 5 8am to noon; attendence is $5per/person and kids under 4 eat free; all proceeds go to MD Canada.
– On Oct. 19 Mapleton Fire Rescue is hosting a pancake breakfast, a junior firefighter challenge and safety house showing at the Moorefield Community Centre from 7 to 11am.
– On Oct. 8 Minto Fire is hosting Little Tykes Movie at the Norgan Theatre at 10am; admission is free.
– Puslinch Fire and Rescue Services will have display booth at the Aberfoyle Farmers’ Market, 23 Brock Rd S, Puslinch on Saturday Oct. 5 from 8am to 1pm.