County OPP officials say last weekend was a particularly busy one for local fire departments, which had to deal with three house fires.
On Feb. 9 at about 9:36pm, Wellington County OPP officers attended a house fire on Allen Street in Clifford. The Minto Fire Department was on scene and quickly extinguished the fire, which police say started when a propane torch fell over. The 25-year-old male occupant was not injured.
On Feb. 10 at about 2:09am, county police were called to a house fire on Edinburgh Avenue in Fergus. The Centre Wellington Fire Department attended and quickly contained the fire, which police say started at an electrical panel in the basement. No injuries were sustained to the occupants (two males and a female aged 59 to 63).
On Feb. 11 at about 3am, Wellington County OPP attended a house fire on the Fifth Line of Centre Wellington Township. The Centre Wellington Fire Department attended and quickly extinguished the fire, which police say started at a baseboard heater. No injuries sustained to the male occupants (aged 14, 15 and 42).