Nine finalists will compete for over $15,000 in cash and prizes in the 6th Annual Pitch It! Minto Business Plan Competition.
The purpose of “Pitch It!” is to encourage small business growth in Minto and to increase awareness of the resources available to businesses in the community, town officials state. The competition is geared towards entrepreneurs who wish to open, purchase, expand or re-locate a business within the Town of Minto.
“We are thrilled with the interest in the PitchIt! Competition this year, it goes to show that businesses are interested in starting and growing their businesses in Minto,” said business and economic manager Belinda Wick-Graham.
The nine finalists include:
– Jeweled Secrets owned by Jane Langella from Clifford;
– Harriston Preschool owned by Joy Murray from Harriston;
– Shrimp Canada owned by Ranjan Prahan, which will be located in the Palmerston Industrial Park;
– Old to New Hair Salon owned by Rebecca McFarlane from Harriston;
– Incus Forge owned by Ivan Thoma from Minto Township;
– Minto Consignment owned by Adam Begin and Carley Atkinson from Palmerston;
– Escape the Old Post owned by Michael and Sue Hendrick from Harriston;
– Alpaca Time owned by Deb Griffey from Minto township; and
– Ag. Business & Crop Inc. owned by Felix and Bernice Weber of Palmerston
The finalists will be required to attend one of two sessions on starting or growing their business. Following their sessions they will write a full business plan and present to a panel of judges on June 5.
The winner will be announced at the Town of Minto council meeting on June 21.