TORONTO – The province’s agriculture minister, Lisa Thompson, announced on March 1 the launch of an expanded Excellence in Agriculture program that will recognize farmers, processors, educational institutions and agri-food organization and businesses contributing to the successes of the province’s agri-food industry.
“The Excellence in Agriculture program recognizes the dedication, hard work and ground-breaking ideas of local agri-food innovators whose leadership and entrepreneurship keep raising the bar for agri-food excellence,” a press release stated.
Award categories include:
– COVID agri-food innovation champion;
– innovation in food processing;
– innovation in agriculture;
– women in agriculture;
– youth in agriculture;
– education in agriculture; and
– northern and Indigenous-owned businesses and communities.
To find out more, visit the Ontario.ca website at: https://bit.ly/3C4esi4.