Detachment evacuated

A suspected gas leak at the OPP detachment here triggered an evacuation of the building on Jan. 8.

OPP staff and visitors to the building were asked to leave just around 10am when a “sulphur-like” odour was detected. The evacuation coincided with a leak from a ceiling sprinkler, OPP media relations officer Cheri Rockefeller said.

The evacuation lasted about a half hour, she noted.

It was determined there was no gas leak after Union Gas and Centre Wellington firefighters responded.