The stars of Stratford and Shaw Festival Theatres will be taking part in a cricket match here at Bart Singh’s pitch to benefit Groves Memorial Community Hospital Foundation.
The chance to watch this the cricket match is only part of the fun for the day, as, Singh has stated, organizers try to raise $100,000 from Groves with no expenses at all. Visitors can participate in games, a silent auction, and entertainment. Food and drink are available as well. There will even be a special fireworks display by David Whysall to end the day’s activities. Singh has been collecting some very strong prizes for the day, all donated.
Visitors can bid on silent auction items that include:
– a box at a Maple Leafs game (seats 12 but holds 20 people) with a value of $10,000;
– an MTD Tractor, valued at $3,600;
– a champagne hot air balloon ride valued at $1,000;
– a Kitchener Rangers box for 10, valued at $550;
– Deer Ridge Golf for 3, plus a cart, valued at $400;
– eight limited edition porcelain dolls, valued at $150 each; and
– art, gift certificates to local businesses, overnight stays, and much more..
To purchase tickets call Groves Hospital Foundation at 519-843-2010 extension 268.
The event runs on June 23, a Monday, and gates open at 2pm. The event is in Inverhaugh at Singh’s residence on County Road 21, emergency number 7250.
Tickets are $35, and there will be a tax receipt issued for $30.
The Groves Memorial Community Hospital Foundation is committed to providing financial resources to assist Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
This is the second event Singh has held with Stratford and Niagara-on-the-Lake actors and directors for Groves.