PUSLINCH – Public health officials have declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Morriston Park Nursing Home here.
A Dec. 15 update on the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) website stated there is one staff case at the home.
The Morriston Park outbreak is one of nine current outbreaks at facilities in the WDGPH region. The others are:
- Wellington Terrace Long-Term Care facility in Aboyne, one confirmed staff case, declared on Dec. 12;
- Guelph General Hospital, three patient cases (in Unit 4 East), declared on Dec. 15;
- Caressant Care Long-Term Care facility in Arthur, one staff case and one resident case, declared on Dec. 12;
- Stone Lodge Retirement Residence in Guelph, one resident case and three staff cases, declared on Dec. 7;
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre in Guelph, two staff cases in the long-term care home, declared on Dec. 7;
- Shelburne Residence, one staff case, declared on Dec. 7;
- Chartwell Wellington Park in Guelph, one staff case, declared on Dec. 7; and
- Headwaters Health Care Centre (‘F’ Wing) in Orangeville, six patient cases and six staff cases, declared on Dec. 7.
An outbreak is defined by public health officials as one or more confirmed cases of COVID-19.
An outbreak is declared over 14 days after symptoms began in the most recent case and when no other cases are suspected.