Numerous awards recognizing the efforts of Wellington 4-H members were handed out on Nov. 26 at the annual Wellington County 4-H awards night.
Some of those awards include:
– 24th project completion – Devan Mansfield, David Sealey, Jackie Shaw and Valarie Wood;
– secretary book awards – Cassandra Chonoboy, Edanna Howlett and Danielle Nyman;- press reporter : Aaron Fairfield and Kristen Goetz;
– photography: club award, Ospringe 4-H Club, Nora Howlett and Brenda Mathies, Home for the Holidays’ project. 4-H member award: Ellen Shaw, locally approved miniature donkey project;
– regional Go for the Gold competition: Aimee Bailey, Vanessa Maciukiewicz, Valarie Wood, Veronica Wood, and coach Brenda Mathies;
– field crop: Arjan Holland.
The Donald Dann In Memoriam award for top overall Junior 4-H Dairy Members wen to:
– Eramosa Dairy Club – Kirsten Harbin;
– Erin Dairy Club – Lauren Alpin’
– Minto Dairy Club – Abbi Atkins; and,
– West Luther Dairy Club – Aaron Fairfield
The Wellington judging competition winners were, in order of finish:
– Junior, Danielle Nyman and Connor French;
– intermediate, Ellen Shaw and Paul Aitken; and
– senior, Joey Parkinson and Jason Schill.
The Wellington judging competition’s overall winner was Danielle Nyman.
Melissa Hurst, of the West Luther Beef Club, won the Wellington County 4-H Scholarship.