GUELPH – Innovation Guelph’s first cohort of Rhyze Ventures programming culminates in a public pitch competition with nine companies competing on Oct. 21 from 5 to 9pm.
The pitch event also kicks off cohort two with opportunities to connect with new program participants, Rhyze Ventures alumni, program partners, volunteer mentors, industry specialists, facilitators and community leaders. The winners will have an opportunity to be interviewed on the Zonecast podcast that features entrepreneurs, professionals and academics.
Of the 61 Rhyze Ventures participants who started the program, the nine pitch finalists are:
Small Business ($5,000)
– Alma Ellis – Fresh Step Foot Care;
– Emily Chatten – Kinthera; and
– Lenore Johnson – LenJo Bakes
Social Enterprise ($10,000)
– Carey McClement – Lucy Pearlle;
– Pam Fanjoy – Fan/Joy; and
– Tina Chan – PASS inc.
– Arla Kasaj-deJonge – AcuMade Corp.;
– Denise Gavin – Awarewear; and
– Jane Ong – Neophyto Foods Inc.
Rhyze Ventures balances in-class learning, hands-on project work, mentorship, and peer networking to address women entrepreneurs’ business challenges. It is an eight-month program delivered in three streams.
Register on Eventbrite: https://rhyzeventures-kickoff-publicpitch.eventbrite.ca.