WELLINGTON COUNTY – Police here have charged a number of drivers recently with racing:
– on Sept. 4 an Elora driver, 18, was charged on Highway 6 in Guelph/Eramosa;
– on Sept. 4 a Guelph driver, 25, was charged on Highway 6 in former Nichol Township;
– on Sept. 4 a Kitchener driver, 21, was charged on South Street in Elora (also charged with failing to surrender a licence);
– on Sept. 5 a driver from Morton Grove, Illinois was charged on the Hanlon Expressway in Guelph; and
– on Sept. 5 a Tara, Ontario driver, 16, was charged on East Mill Street in Elora; and
– On Sept. 11 a North York driver, 26, was charged on the Hanlon Expressway in Guelph (also charged with driving while suspended and driving without a valid permit).
In the above incidents the driver’s licence and the vehicle were seized for seven days.