PALMERSTON – Police are asking for help to find the person(s) responsible for setting several suspicious fires near White’s Road Junction Trail here.
“These types of fires are more than just nuisances and a misuse of police and fire resources – they are criminal offences,” states an April 16 press release from the Wellington County OPP.
“Each fire that is intentionally set damages property and potentially could lead to injury or loss of life.”
Police say they are working closely with the Minto fire department to investigate the following suspicious fires:
- April 11, tire fire;
- April 3, bird houses fire;
- March 16, scrap lumber fire at train station;
- March 12, tree fire on walking trail;
- Sept. 20, 2019, garbage fire just off walking trail;
- Sept. 2, 2019, garbage fire, William Street;
- Sept. 2, 2019, tree fire on walking trail;
- July 29, 2019, porta-potty fire at ball diamond;
- July 6, 2019, bridge fire on closed portion of walking trail;
- April 4, 2019, clothing drop box, King Street (LCBO lot);
- March 27, 2019, grass fire on side of walking trail; and
- Jan. 8, 2019, bridge fire on closed portion of walking trail.
Anyone with information or who sees suspicious activity on/around White’s Road Junction Trail in Palmerston can contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip online. Tip providers may be eligible for a reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $2,000.