LISTOWEL – A Mapleton and Grand Valley man were among six charged after a large drug bust at two locations here last week.
The two search warrants were executed on April 1 by Grey-Bruce and Huron-Perth officers.
Police say the warrants resulted in drugs, cash and drug trafficking paraphernalia being seized. Police also recovered copper wire, which had been stolen during a break-in a few hours earlier.
One search warrant was executed at a residence on Argyle Avenue North in Listowel, where four people were arrested. Police seized methamphetamine, hydromorphone, drug trafficking paraphernalia, stolen property, and cash, which had a total estimated value of approximately $19,000.
Facing charges are:
– Tracy Lynn Dolmage, 39, of Listowel, two counts of possession of methamphetamine for the purposes of trafficking; possession of fentanyl; break, enter, and theft – business; and possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
– Karl Brunner, 60, of Listowel, possession of methamphetamine for the purposes of trafficking; and possession of hydromorphone;
– Noah Lindsay, 26, of Listowel, possession of methamphetamine for the purposes of trafficking;
– Jeffery Scott, 44, of Mapleton, possession of methamphetamine for the purposes of trafficking; possession of methamphetamine; possession of another person’s identification; possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000; possession of a forged document; and four counts of possession of identification documents.
A second search warrant was executed at a residence on Queen Street East in Listowel. Police seized methamphetamine, hydromorphone, drug trafficking paraphernalia, stolen property, and cash, which had a total value in excess of $18,000.
Facing charges are:
– Donald Stephens, 51, of Listowel, possession of methamphetamine for the purposes of trafficking; possession of hydromorphone; and possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000; and
– Kevin Harper, 27, of Grand Valley, possession of methamphetamine for the purposes of trafficking; possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000; and fail to comply with probation order.
The accused are to later appear in Stratford court.
Stolen wallet, cards
WELLINGTON NORTH – Two local women have been charged after a man had his wallet stollen and his credit cards used at various stores.
Wellington County OPP received a report from a victim that had his wallet stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in a municipal parking lot in Mount Forest on March 5.
Police say the victim was contacted the following day by his credit card/debit card provider regarding suspicious activity. Police attended the involved businesses and obtained video footage of the suspects committing the crimes.
Ashley Nicole Hotchkiss, 28, and Kellie Ruby Marie Rawn, 24, both of Wellington North, were charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 and six counts of illegally using a credit card. They are to appear in Guelph court on May 19 and 22.
Man charged in robbery
GUELPH – On March 31 at about 8pm, the loss prevention officer (LPO) of a store located near the intersection of Woodlawn Road West and Woolwich Street observed a man wearing a surgical mask shoplift two bags full of merchandise valued at more than $220.
Police say the LPO confronted the man outside the store, but the man refused to return the merchandise, stating he had a knife and threatening to stab the LPO. The male then left the area and the LPO contacted the Guelph Police Service.
At 8:03pm, officers flooded the area and a police service dog track was initiated. At 8:29pm, police arrested a man in a nearby forested area.
A 31-year-old Fergus man was charged with robbery, wearing a disguise with intent and three counts of breach of probation (Guelph Police do not release the names of those charged with crimes). He was held in custody pending a bail hearing on April 1.
Rural break-in, theft
GUELPH-ERAMOSA – Wellington County OPP received a report of a break-in at a rural property on the 3rd Line here.
Police say that sometime during the week prior to March 25, someone entered an unlocked barn and shed and stole two bicycles, two Stihl chainsaws, two gas powered pruners, two leaf blowers and four all season tires with rims. The stolen items are valued at about $6,000.
Anyone with information can contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip at www.csgw.tips.
MOUNT FOREST – On March 26 at about 4:50pm Wellington County OPP responded to a domestic disturbance at a residence on Fergus Street North here.
As a result of the investigation, a 54-year-old Wellington North resident was charged with assaulting a spouse with a weapon and assaulting a spouse.
The accused is to attend Guelph court on July 31.
NORTH PERTH – On March 28 at about 3:30am Perth County OPP investigated the driver of a motor vehicle on Perth Road 157.
Police say officers seized suspected cannabis exceeding from inside the vehicle.
Morgan Anderson, 29, of Wellington North, was charged with possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing. He is to appear in Stratford court at a later date.