CLIFFORD – District 7 Director Kathy Bouma installed the 2021 Clifford and District Horticultural Society executive and board on Oct. 5 at John Hobelman Rotary Centennial Park in Clifford.
The 2020 annual general meeting minutes were adopted as read, the financial report accepted, and changes to the bylaws discussed before the installation of officers.
Bouma congratulated the society on its interesting and creative events under the leadership of Vic Palmer.
Bouma declared the 2021 board to be president Vic Palmer, secretary Bonnie Whitehead, treasurer Karen Dowler and directors Helen Braun-Kreller, Audrey Garrett, Christina Herman, Elisabeth Kuersten, Isabel Senek, Glen Small, Ethel Weber, Jean Yenssen and Elaine Young.
– a tree planting in memory of Marion Wylie was postponed until the spring;
– the flower bed was dug up at the Kettles Restaurant corner;
– the flower beds at the cenotaph will be filled with tulips, daffodils, sedum, black-eyed Susans, daylilies, and blanket flowers;
– a wreath will be laid for the Legion Remembrance Day service;
– the annual general meeting will be held at the community hall at 7pm on Nov. 23;
– festive Christmas wreaths will be created to sell; and
– ideas for the Santa Claus parade were discussed.
Weather permitting, flowers were to be planted on Oct. 15 at the cenotaph and later wreath-making was planned at Vic Palmer’s shed. The wreaths will vary in size and price, but will all be themed for the festive season.