The OPP is offering tips to avoid becoming a victim of a break and enter.
If your holiday plans include travel elsewhere, you will want to take steps to protect your home and its belongings while you are away:
– have a friend or neighbour visit your home often to check on things;
– cancel your Newspaper and arrange for your mail to be brought inside every day;
– it is not wise to advertise your plans on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter;
– invest in a timer for your lights; and
– lock and secure all windows and doors.