The ‘Wellington Advertiser Find that Elf’ is sponsored by The Wellington Advertiser, 905 Gartshore Street, Fergus, Ontario, N1M2W8, Canada. The contest opens on November 21st, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. (EST). and ends on December 22nd, 2019 at 11:59p.m. (EST).
ENTER TO WIN. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
The contest can be entered three (3) ways:
1. Website: Click on the ‘Enter to Win Find that Elf’ display banner found on the homepage.
2. Access our Facebook company page and click on the contest link: www.facebook.com/TheWellingtonAdvertiser
3. The Wellington Advertiser Newspaper: Find the “Find the Elf Ballot” which will be available in all Wellington Advertiser issues from November 21, 2019 through until December 19, 2019. To secure entry this ballot must be dropped off/ not mailed to 305 Gartshore Street, Fergus by 10am the Monday following the current edition.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE
The five contest Winner(s) will be given a $100.00 visa gift card
Five (5) winners, one (1) per week will be drawn and will be selected by random on the below dates and be contacted no later then 12:00pm EST on the set draw days listed below.
November 25th, 2019 at 10am EST, December 2nd, 2019 at 10am EST, December 9th, 2019 at 10am EST, December 16th, 2019 at 10am EST, December 23rd, 2019 at 10am EST
The Contest Winner will be contacted by telephone or e-mail and should claim their prize as instructed by the Wellington Advertiser by no later than five days after they are initially contacted. Upon retrieval of prize the winner must show proof of identity and answer a skill testing question, if the winner fails to do the prize will not be granted. If a winner cannot be reached within three days following the first attempt of contact them, or if the winner declines the prize, the prize shall be forfeited and the Wellington Advertiser has the right, at its sole discretion, to select another winner.
Contest is open to all residents of Wellington County who are 17 years of age or older at the Contest opening date. The draw may be entered multiple times, but everyone is only eligible to win one prize of $100.00. If an individual gets their name called twice, the second entry will be terminated, and another name will be drawn.
Employees of the Wellington Advertiser or WHA Holdings are not eligible to enter this contest.
- Contest winners accept the eligibility of these rules, as stipulated in “Eligibility” section of these Contest Rules; agreeing that their name and image may be used for advertising purposes related to the Contest free of charge, and thereby releasing the Wellington Advertiser (and all parties therein) from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this Contest, or from awarding the acceptance or use of the prize.
- The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for cash, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed. Any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited.
- If for any unforeseen reason the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, the Wellington Advertiser reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value, as determined in its sole discretion.
- Refusal to accept the prize releases the Contest Parties from any obligation toward the winner.
- If a contestant makes any false statement, he or she will be automatically disqualified from the Contest.
- The Wellington Advertiser and participating retail partners assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries; (ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy; (iii) fraudulent calls; (iv) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason including mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail; technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (v) damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Contest; (vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this Contest; or (vii) prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping.
- The Wellington Advertiser reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Wellington Advertiser reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- All personal information, such as name and contact information, is collected by the Wellington Advertiser solely for the purposes of administering this Contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your express consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used for the stated purposes.
- If the identity of the contestant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the contestant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected contestant may be required to provide proof that (s)he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server.
- The Wellington Advertiser reserves the right to amend the Contest rules or to terminate the Contest at any time without any liability to any contestant.
- By entering, you agree to abide by the Contest rules and the decisions of the Wellington Advertiser, whose decisions are final and binding on all contestants