ERIN – The Erin Agricultural Society has announced the 2019 Horse Heritage Hall of Fame awards.
These awards recognize and celebrate the people and horses within the Town of Erin who have a contributed to municipality’s equine heritage in a significant way.
The contribution may have been through a specific recognition or title (breed or sport), a lifetime legacy or other valuable contribution within the horse community.
The deadline for 2019 submissions is Sept. 15.
2019 EAS Horse Heritage Hall of Fame submission and nomination criteria includes:
1. Award categories:
– Mentorship and youth involvement;
– Lifetime achievement; and
– Historical significance.
People, organizations and individual horses all qualify.
The committee will also give consideration to submissions outside the stated categories. All nominations will be reviewed on an individual basis.
2. Submissions should be written (preferably typed) and limited to two pages. Photos or memorabilia (ribbons, etc.) are welcomed.
All items will be returned; however send copies if possible.
3. The nominee (person, organization or horse) must have resided within, or conducted a business within the Town of Erin for a period of time.
4. There is no entry fee.
5. The judges’ decisions are considered final. The judging panel will be comprised of individuals from within the Erin equine community.
6. Winners will be announced on Oct. 12 at 11am in the Equine Tent at the 169th Erin Fall Fair.
Deliver or mail entries to:
Erin Agricultural Society
184 Main St.
c/o Horse Hall of Fame: 2019 Nominations.
Entries can also be emailed to email@example.com c/o Horse Hall of Fame: 2019 Nominations.
Questions can be directed to the Erin Agricultural Society Horse Heritage Hall of Fame committee member Bridget Ryan through telephone or text at 519-216-4562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.